Thursday, February 5, 2009

A tryst with China - Part 2

Well, I was getting a spiritual thought, so I thought I should write it down before it disappears. During my travels:

1. I saw 2 young Chinese kids fighting like sumo fighter, imitating as much as they can remember from tv, just as I used to do with my brother when I was a kid.
2. I couchsurfed in shanghai with a Chinese guy of my age, his parents took care of me as if I was their son. They cooked for both of us with equal love, his mother put quilt on my feet when it got displaced at night, just as my mother would have done.
3. I saw a young Chinese couple seeing into each others eyes conveying everything they want to say as if their souls were talking with each other through the medium of their vision. It’s a language which only lovers know and speak all over the world.
4. I saw a serious street fight emerging from simple ego of 2 Chinese car drivers.
5. I saw a father helping his son in burning fire crackers during Chinese New Year Festival.

All this makes me feel like I am a part of one big human race, one fraternity, with one common reason of creation and one common god. Generally we see or hear people from a distance and make a general notion about them, like for example: Muslims are orthodox, Chinese are dumb headed, Japanese follow the rules, all Indians can dance, all white westerners are sex starving etc. etc. … these all are just the projections of their material self which is highly governed by events which happen in their life and how that relate from ours. You live with them and you realize, we are all the same, one big race … humans! This is definitely a much stronger feeling then for example being an Indian or for that matter, Hindu.

This is one of the important reasons why I like the couchsurfing concept.

Regarding my recent adventures, experiences and travels, I will just paste a photo gallery here and will leave the rest for you to wonder!


Shanghai CS meeting-28th Jan'09, representatives from China, India, US, France, Norway, Australia, Canada, Germany, Latvia :)

With Shanghai CS Ambassador - Philip

One fine morning in china :)

After solving a puzzle in a beautiful shanghai cafe!

Shanghai KTV :)

Clubbing @ Shelter in Shanghai! :)

Result of playing truth or dare after a Chinese hot-pot meal: Sing "My heart will go on" with a Chinese girl holding her hand :)

Zo!

After eating duck, frog, chicken, pork, shrimps, mule, jelly fish ... its time for an octopus meal! :P

Lots of love and keep rocking!

Karan


5 comments:

Baffling said...

kuch hero lagta hai bhai

Jorunn said...

My God, Karan! What a beautiful blog! (Wo hen zihuan nide blog) :) I love your pics and I love your words even more. I look forward to seeing your positive spirit tomorrow! Love, Jo

Karan Bhawsinka said...

To bafna: saale kahe le raha hai harami!

To Jo: Thanks :)

Abhishek Gupta said...

Jo macha rahe ho na... Simply Dudapa !! itne jaldi saint mat ban ja .. :P par though nicely put

Well lots nd lots of things are becoming apparent from the photos :D .. depends on which frame u r considering receiving from ;) :P

As u r always doing... Njoy ! live it up :)
Cheeers !! (Wine lana mat bholna, kuch lag raha hai glass mein :P :))

Jorunn said...

When am I going to see another post on the blog, Karan? Looking forward to see you in Nantong :)